Today was a picture perfect Friday.
How do I love Fridays like thee! Well, let me count the ways…
(1) Phenom oats.
1/3 cup oats
2/3 cup gingerbread chai tea
1/3 cup canned butternut squash
1 tsp. maple syrup + 1 tsp. coconut oil
cinnamon, allspice + nutmeg
2 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
1 scoop DCD PB
(2) Learning how exactly how health insurance works as related to federal healthcare reform while eating raw almonds (dork, I know).
(3) Leaving work early and taking a 1/2 day…holllllaaaa!
(4) Speaking of holla, exchanging texts with your mom (who left for vacay in Florida today) that go like this:
Mama Everythingtarian: “I made it. 75 and sunny”
Mama Everythingtarian: “holla”
(5) Loading up on veggies with a ginormous junk salad containing all the following:
- broccoli salad
- hard-boiled eggs
- banana peppers
- sunflower seeds
- cucumber yogurt dressing
- Diet Coke
(6) Following up lunch with a kid-friendly snack (ignore my nail biting).
(7) Going grocery shopping and finally bringing ALMOND BUTTER back in my life!!! I don’t even want to think of how long it’s been.
(8) Cleaning my apartment, cuddling in bed while reading a book, leisurely reading blogs in bed…
(9) Working it out with a 3/4 mile run to the gym, 60-minute yoga class with creeper teacher and a 3/4 mile run home. It was my first workout in 4 days. Twas’ glorious.
(10) Finding out the aforementioned^^^ yoga creeper teacher ^^^ is also an ordained monk.
(11) Coming home to a meal that was ready in 5 minutes flat – Black Bean and Sweet Potato Stuffed Acorn Squash!
(12) Taking a bath while reading a book. Oh, the simple pleasures in life.
That would be 13 good things on Friday the 13th…who says today can’t be lucky?