With my refrigerator looking embarrassingly bare, breakfast ended up as a glorious 3-course affair.
For my appetizer, I cooked up the last egg and sprinkled with salt. For my main course, it was a jug o’ coffee with skim milk (x2) + Clif Bar + freelance writing at the coffeehouse down the street. And finally, for dessert, I went grocery shopping (hallelujah!) and finished things off with an apple + 1/2 cup OJ.
Quite frankly, I could get used to the 3-course breakfast…
So, I spent way too much grocery shopping. Like more than $60…eek! However, I realized that I was down to the very bare bones and a lil’ extra dough was needed in the food department.
It was needed so I could sweat my buns off to a 60-minute Dave Farmar yoga podcast and scarf down snack plates like this…
That would be celery + carrots (dipped in almond butter, obv) alongside 1/2 roasted acorn squash drizzled with agave, cinnamon and dried cranberries with a side of the very best cheese there is…Wisconsin Cheese! Edelweiss Aged White Cheddar = Holly’s #2 fave cheese (behind gruyere).
Then, right as I was about to leave for the PT job, my college best friend called to tell me SHE’S ENGAGED! Thus, I was 10 minutes late to work because we had to scream, talk about the ring, how the proposal happened, etc. (all that girl stuff). However, I still did manage to pack a snack in the midst of the news because let’s be real: Holly is NOT productive when she is a crazy crabby hangry pants.
The banana + trail mix (walnuts, sunflower seeds + dried cranberries) held me over perfectly.
I got to skedaddle a bit early and arrived home to a Janetha-inspired combo: lowfat cottage cheese + ranch seasoning + sunflower seeds + celery + a pinch of salt.
And now I am sipping apple cider tea :).
Soooo…about ‘dem end of 2009 goals…
(1) Sleep 8 hours a night (no more, no less), which means bed @ 10:30-11pm + up @ 6:30-7am
- I am for sure getting at least 8-9 hours of sleep a night (which is perf for me)…the up by 6:30-7am, well that may not necessarily be happening. However, the good news is I am getting lots of rest!
(2) Per the yoga challenge, 3 yoga sessions a week alongside 2-3 cardio sessions (at least 30 minutes)
- Alright, not going to lie: I haven’t made it 3 yoga sessions in a week yet. However, I have been doing 2 every week, and my cardio is averaging almost 3 a week. Check!
(3) Remind myself that saying “no” is okay
- Ummm…yeah…I mean…still working on this one…
(4) Take (up to) 30 minutes to clean my apartment daily (clean living space = clean mind)
- I can proudly say I have done this almost everyday and am so glad I put this on the list! Try it people. For real.
(5) STICK TO MY BUDGET and stay away from Target
- Overall, I have been doing a lot better with this one. I haven’t stepped foot in Target in probably a month, and I have kept my frivolous spending to a minimum (besides the shopping splurge two weekends ago…oops!). And I get paid on Tuesday. And Friday. Score.
(6) Make weekly to-do GOAL lists as a reminder of things to get done
- Awesome. I have been shortening my goal lists to what NEEDS to get done (instead of adding unneeded pressure to do things I really don’t need to do) and haven’t been stressing at all. Check!
(7) Keep my priorities straight: #1: FT job, #2 PT job, #3 family + friends (they are at #3 because most of them live outside Madison), #4 blogging
- I have done better with my priorities – I am working on a new project at the FT job, making sure I keep a positive attitude about the PT job, keeping in touch with family + friends and not stressing about blogging. It’s easy to succumb to the pressure of feeling obligated to post – although I have been blogging almost everyday, I am cutting myself some slack and not worrying if my posts are perfect. I am not perfect, my life isn’t perfect so hell…why would my blog be?
(8) And finally, cut myself some slack
- Surprisingly, I am doing much better with this one. When I haven’t made my yoga challenge numbers or missed too many days at the gym, I didn’t freak out. I just reminded myself I am a busy gal with a lot on my plate – ain’t no thang to cut yourself some slack sometimes!
And with that I say…December here I come!!!
The winner of the Turkey Day Giveaway shall be announced tomorrow morning…you have a couple more hours to enter!