10 Ways to Distract Yourself From Thinking Too Much About an Impending Marathon
(1) Don’t allow yourself enough time to get ready in the morning.
That way, between running 3 miles, showering, attempting to fix your bird’s nest hair, straining to put on eyeliner, stretching, making a lunch, packing that very same lunch and eating breakfast on the fly, you won’t have time to think about how many hours it’s going to take you to run 26.2 miles.
CinnaRaisin Swirl PB+B Sammie on Ezekiel
(2) Experiment by creating a new, delicious yog mess.
FYI: Holly’s my name and yog messes are my game.
3/4 cup Stonyfield Nonfat French Vanilla yog
1/4 cup pumpkin
craploads of cinnamon
1 tsp. PB
1 crumbed Pumpkin Molasses Cookie
(4) Use a old, busted microwave to heat your lunch.
Instead of taking marathon off your brain for only 1 to 2 minutes, you can increase that by more like 7 to 8 minutes.
(5) Dance obnoxiously in the middle of your office to Miley’s Cyrus’ “Party in the USA.”
(6) Polish off the last Pumpkin Molasses Cookie.
(7) Start thinking about what to concoct for dinner out of the scant leftovers in your apartment.
Zucchini with almonds, raspberry preserves & chia granola stir fry? Balsamic, celery, banana, raisin and peanut butter salad? Pepperjack cheese melted over dark chocolate chips and Cream of Wheat?
(8) Cook an actual, real dinner.
1/2 zucchini, crumbled Breakfast Sunshine Patty + 2 eggs scrambled in 1/2 tbsp. EVOO + garlic,
then topped with pepperjack cheese + black bean salsa
(9) Blog. Obviously.
(10) Grab a beer Carbo-load with friends.
Not only are you doing something vital for marathon training but chatting with friends should help take your mind off of any angst you might feel as you take your first step over the starting line and realize you have 26.2 miles ahead of you.