I can’t believe it is already the first of May! Man, how time can fly.
Thankfully, springtime seems to have FINALLY arrived and with it, N Her Shoes “The Simple Life” challenge. Click here for more info! I think the hardest part and the part I am going to try the hardest at is the “Give up eating out for the entire month of May” challenge. Yikes! I’ve recruited some co-workers (thanks Julie!) to help keep me on track :).
I’ve also been brainstorming some more ways to save money and go green. Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Unplug ALL electronics of mine when I’m not using them. Think cell phone chargers, lamps, computer chargers, IPOD chargers, curling irons (fortunately, I don’t have to worry about that one!), light switches, etc.
- Instead of going out to eat, get a bunch of friends together and potluck it! Have everyone bring a different dish - leftovers guaranteed for next day eats!
- Comparing grocery store prices. Stay tuned MONDAY for the next edition of Holly Investigates. This time I’ll try and determine, “Does it pay to shop around?”
- Walk or bike to the store! Sixty percent of trips are within 4 miles of your house – start hoofing it!
- Being diligent about using up ALL my groceries. I am always surprised at actually how much food I have when I force myself to use what I have before making the next shopping trip. My only exception? If I am out of fresh fruits and veggies, I have every right to stock back up!
Obviously, these are just a few, simple ideas to get us all started.
Have any fabulous ideas for pocketing those dollars while helping the environment? Let us know!