The title of this post is the only way I can sum up how I feel right now: LUCKY.
Why do I feel so lucky? Well, let me count the ways…
(1) I have two functioning, dayum good legs which allowed me to run 26.2 miles yesterday. Still on a runner’s high.
(2) Due to the marathon, I also feel lucky to have slept 11 hours last night, take another day off of work and upon waking, manage to assist myself (with the help of the railing and other inanimate objects) to the kitchen to enjoy a 3-course breakfast…
Course #1: Kashi Honey Sunshine w/ organic skim milk
Course #2: Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins w/ organic skim milk
Course #3: Banana w/ chunky peanut butter
(3) I have a wondrous family who not only supports me but feeds me too (even though technically, a 24-year-old professional should probably be buying her own food…).
mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries + blackberries)
(4) My legs did not cramp up, even though I forced them into the car for another two-hour journey back to my other home.
(5) Grande nonfat coffee mistos with 2 pumps of chai.
(6) The blog community. For your support, positive vibes, constant comments and love. Oh yeah, free swag doesn’t hurt either. Thank you Jessica and the people at My Blog Spark for these Nature Valley Nut Cluster goodies!
(7) Post-marathon Advil.
(8) FABULOUS giveaways and winning them. Thank you Allison from Eat Clean Live Green!
(9) Nice companies who make genuinely healthy + delicious products. Thank you Molly and POM Wonderful!
(10) Food blogger friends who you are pretty sure would also be your friends in real life. LOVE YOU JANETHA B.!
(11) More food blogging friends who send you gifts just because. Brandi – you are so sweet, radiate positivity and are psychic enough to know when a girl is in need of a pashmina (and Puppy Chow)!
(12) Life-changing products. PB+Co. Mighty Maple, where have you been all my life?
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup water + 1/3 cup organic skim milk
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
cinnamon, nutmeg + ginger
1 tbsp. Mighty Maple PB
(14) Cinnamon-spice candles. No, I will not let the obsession go.
(15) I feel lucky to be able to say…
- Congratulations to Matt on qualifying for the Boston Marathon! You go boy!
- Way to go Angharad on a speedy first-ever 10-mile race!
- You are an inspiration Megan to be able to come back from injury to run a fabulous 1/2 marathon!
- Awesome work to anyone who ran races this past weekend!
- Shoutout to Evan for making a kick arse version of my Pumpkin Molasses Cookies!
- Check out the Health Blog Helper for an interview of yours truly by Ms. Mama herself!
I told ya I am a lucky gal.
For the record, I resemble an 82-year-old grandma right now hobbling around my apartment than a 24-year-old gal who just ran a marathon. Off to read blogs and sip tea under the warm comfort of my bed…
(1) Why do YOU feel lucky today?
(2) What are some cooking or non-cooking ideas for coconut oil?