Literally, this post is a list of ten things. My creativity is maxed out for the day, and I still have several hours of freelance writing ahead of me. I’m crossing my fingers my genius is in this dirty, clothes-strewn room of mine and something interesting comes to me while clacking away on this keyboard.
(1) Food for the soul. You know your day is going to be good when a fabulous blogger sends you an e-mail with the perfect inspiration to start your morning:
“That’s just your ego, trying to make sure it stays in charge. This is what your ego does. It keeps you feeling separate, keeps you with a sense of duality, tries to convince you that you’re flawed and broken and alone instead of whole. But how does that serve me? It doesn’t serve you. Your ego’s job isn’t to serve you. Its only job is to keep itself in power. And right now, your ego’s scared to death cuz it’s about to get downsized…Pretty soon your ego will be out of work, and your heart’ll be making all the decisions. So your ego’s fighting for its life, playing with your mind, trying to assert its authority, trying to keep you cornered off in a holding pen away from the rest of the universe. Don’t listen to it.” Eat, Pray, Love (pg. 140)
(2) Overnight Oats are the easiest, most delicious ready-on-the-go breakfast ever. Seriously. If you haven’t tried this cool, refreshing combo yet, please do.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yog
1/2 cup organic skim milk
1 packet NuNaturals stevia
~ soaked overnight ~
3/4 cup strawberries
2 T Vanilla Almond Galaxy Granola
sprinkle of ground flax
(3) Did I mention how much I am loving overnight oats these days? Because I am. A lot.
(4) Thank you to Bob and everyone at Simply Bags for offering to send me a cute beach farmer’s market bag made of environmentally-friendly materials – including the cutest rope handle! I love the fact the bag is made from ‘green’ materials. Quite frankly, it astounds me how much we DON’T recycle + reuse in this world. Hmmm…I sense a future challenge coming on…
(5) Cheese is good, but cheese + dried fruit is even better. Seriously, this Sartori Raspberry Bellavitano is a slice of artisan cheese heaven. Nutty and creamy, its a parmesan + cheddar hybrid that’s soaked in New Glarus Raspberry Tart Ale for a subtle sweetness. More like amazingness.
(6) This is perhaps the most random post I’ve ever written. Well, maybe besides this one.
(7) Why don’t salads ever fill me up? Even though this salad contained grilled chicken, gorgonzola, walnuts, basil, snap peas and other yummies from Marigold Kitchen, which are seemingly protein-filled foods that should in theory fill my belly up…
…I immediately got back to work and scarfed an AB+J sandwich I had conveniently packed because I forgot we had an office lunch outing today with some former interns. Everything happens for a reason, right?
(8) FYI: Madison Bloggers & Readers Dinner Meet-Up. May 28th @ Bluephies. 8pm. Be there or be square. Speaking of dinner, I ate pickles, more apricots & roasted broccoli + spaghetti sauce. No lie.
(9) PLEASE watch this 90-second video for my BFF’s fiancee! Maxx is a filmmaker (totally cool, I know), and he & his film amigos entered a MacGruber Video Contest. If you don’t know, MacGruber is the uber-hilarious character made popular on SNL, so this video is definitely NOT one you want to watch at work.
Scroll down and watch “The Reptile Handler” by Eric Ornelas. The more views they get, the better chance they have to win $10,000! Plus, I swear the video is hilarious (and awesomely inappropriate).
(10) Today’s Nugget of Positivity: LOST. Jacob & The Man in Black. Two episodes left. Intensity.
Tell me one random thing from your day. Please humor me and make me feel better about my seemingly unending amount of randomness.