In exactly 7 days (or 10,080 minutes or 604,800 seconds), I will have finished my very first marathon.
Notice how I didn’t say hopefully or maybe or possible, I said ‘will.’ The 26.2 miles might feel spectacular; it might feel horrible; it might feel just okay; but it will feel something. And I am so excited to accomplish a goal that’s been on my bucket list for awhile.
Here is the pre-marathon preparation game plan for this week:
- Bed at 10pm and up at 6am
- Clean eating (avoid potentially upsetting food, i.e. waffle fries + beer, which were consumed on Friday night)
- Tue: 3 miles, Wed.: 4 miles, Thur.: 2 miles – run all these in the AM
- Buy a cute new running top
- Breathe, relax and try not to think about it too much
I think this is a to-do list I can accomplish :).
Saturday morning, I let my tumtum settle from the junky food of Friday night (see above) before heading out on a nice 8-mile run. When I came back, I concocted a colorful + balanced salad for lunch.
bed of mixed greens
1 cup quartered strawberries
1/2 pkg. tempeh, spread with honey and dipped in coconut
sprinkle of coconut
100-calorie pack walnuts + almonds
drizzle of honey + EVOO
The nutty, earthy taste of the tempeh pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the coconut + strawberries. Delish.
Then I got myself purtied up for wedding #6 of the summer! It was truly a gorgeous affair, which is while I am going to spare you my ramblings and let you feast your eyes on the photos.
Your eyes don’t lie – that is a SUNDAE BAR! I told Casey (the bride/friend/coworker) that the moment I saw them roll out this cart of goodness, my love for her increased even more. True story. A scoop of vanilla ‘scream, bananas, strawberries + chocolate sauce was more than enjoyed by yours truly.
Insert 4+ hours of dancing here.
This morning, I woke up with a rumbling tummy. I am going to chalk it up to dancing my arse off all night…enter Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal!
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup organic skim milk + 1/3 cup water
drizzle of agave syrup
1 apple (diced & microwaved for 90 seconds
with a pinch of evaporated cane juice + cinnamon)
hunk o’ CinnaRaisinSwirl PB
So much better than the packaged stuff. Then I got productive and started crossing things of this to-do list. I make so many, I can’t even keep them straight.
At around 1pm, I started getting hungry again and made a good ol’ yog mess consisting of:
1 cup Stonyfield Farms French Vanilla yog
1/4 cup Dylan’s Sunflower Almond Chia granola
1 sliced banana
1 scoop of regular PB
By the way, is it wrong I am slightly sore this morning from dancing all night?
This weekend, I also received the sweetest package from the other Holly :):
Bigelow Pumpkin Spice Tea!!! So excited! However, the best part is the note. I don’t know if you can read it, but it is comments like that remind me why I blog and how appreciative I am of all the nice people in the world.
Alrighty kiddos…I better stop before I keep rambling, and this post gets really out of control. Not before you answer some q’s, however:
(1) What was the highlight of your weekend? Dancing up a storm at the wedding, especially rockin’ out to Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin” and showing peeps how to move their hips to Shakira’s “Whenever, Wherever.”
(2) What is the most unique/best feature you have seen at a wedding? I think mine is a tie between the sundae bar tonight and the photo booth from Charlotte’s wedding last month.