My memory is a funny thing.
I can remember people’s middle names, quotes from early 90’s TV shows (ahem, SBTB), what someone wore last week and who dated who then married who before divorcing who in the celeb world of gossip (in other words, things that don’t really matter) like it’s my job.
However, when it comes to things like what I did this past weekend, where did I put my wallet, basic information (i.e. my pin number – which I completely forgot one summer) and important dates I need to remember, I am the worst. And Alzheimer’s runs in my family, so you know things ain’t gettin’ any better.
Before I forget that I need to say them, here I go with a list of things I need to say…
- Migraines are no fun. I have suffered from them for awhile, but they have really been flaring up this week. I woke up in such severe pain and nauseausness this morning, I barely ate 3 pita chips, downed 1/2 cup coffee + 2 Ibuprofen and went back to bed. When I awoke two hours later, I did feel better and luckily was able to eat this entire bowl of Banana Oats.
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup organic skim milk
pinch of salt
1 smashed naner
1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. ground flax
- Deep tissue massages, however, are lots of fun. I splurged on one last night (like almost $100 – eek!), but it was completely worth it. Apparently, my upper back was tighter and had more knots than my masseuse had ever seen (I am not proud of that fact). After the hour-long massage, I literally felt like a new person. Lighter, happier and relaxed. And I read in bed for the FIRST TIME without getting a headache!
- Don’t judge fruit (or a book) by its cover. This black-eyed orange was THE BEST ORANGE I HAVE EVER HAD. Yes, that’s what I said.
- Pumpkin pie hummus tastes exactly like pumpkin pie filling. No joke. Eaten with Stacy’s multigrain pita chips…the essence of Thanksgiving can be enjoyed all year round.
- Crudites (a.k.a. veggies) + salsa = one fabtastic combination. Also, two cups carrots & celery with 1/2 cup salsa = all your recommended veggie servings for the day. Score.
- It took me until college to realize crudites just meant raw veggies (like you would see on a veggie platter). Hey, I never claimed to be classy people…
- I haven’t worked out in over a week. I’ve shared with some of you my horribly unmotivated attitude as of late. Literally, the thought of working out (even yoga!) is just not appealing to me. Luckily, I eat pretty well so I am not really worried about gaining weight/becoming unhealthy, but I need to gym for my own sanity! HELP ME!
- This is the best sandwich ever. Yeah, I told you last post it was only a matter of time before I used this phrase again, but it is so true. Here’s what we have tonight…
2 small sprouted grain tortillas
1 slice pepperjack cheese (halved)
1 steamed sweet potato
2 tsp. cilantro pesto
1 egg + 1 egg white + spinach + red onion + garlic
(cooked in EVOO)
- I am going to attempt to start Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred tonight + do some yoga. Don’t hold it against me if I don’t, but please keep me accountable. Is that an oxymoron? Hmmmm….
- HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY HOMEGIRL! I raise my water bottle Courvoisier in cheers to you!
What is your middle name? Tell me, and I will literally remember it forever.
How do you deal with exercise ruts? Do you beat yourself up? Do you cut yourself some slack? Do you buy new gym clothes to motivate yourself? Spill the deets.