(1) Spent way less time writing this blog and way more time celebrating happy things with the people in my life.
Weddings. Birthdays. Engagements. You name it, I celebrated it in June.
With a New Glarus Spotted Cow Beer in hand, naturally.
(2) Gained seven pounds.
And just to make sure we are all on the same proverbial page, it’s most definitely not seven pounds of lean, fat-burning muscle. I blame the mandatory cake I simply had to eat while in attendance at all the aforementioned celebrations.
(3) Ate a lot of eggs + asparagus. Like, a lot. I’m guesstimating at least 2x per week.
In fact, I even wrote a guest post about it. In a surprising twist of events, it’s a recipe concoction I whipped up especially for the single girl. You can safely assume from this guest post that yes, I am still single. Apparently, runny eggs + smelly pee are not the way to a guy’s heart?
I don’t get it.
(4) Was totally embarrassed when I realized Mama Everythingtarian posted this vintage family gem on her Facebook wall. Yes, she is a “cool mom” and is on Facebook. So is my Grandpa. I don’t know what that says about my family.
Regardless, now I am posting this picture on the World Wide Web.
So apparently I can’t be that embarrassed.
*funny story: my older sister Katie was really mean to me growing up (understatement of the year). She was supposed to be the one wearing the glasses + holding the book in this picture, but she thought it was “so dorky” so she gave it to me, because “Holly has no friends and likes to read.” Rue.
(5) Devoured two absolutely delectable dishes at Cafe Latté, the cutest lil’ eatery on Grand Avenue in St. Paul. One was a Chicken Caesar Pasta while the other was a delightful Mexican-inspired array of tortilla chips, black bean dip, guacamole, pico de gallo + sour cream.
I have plans to recreate both.
(6) Analyzed, self-analyzed, thought, thought over, daydreamed and started writing down ideas + possibilities for what I want to do with this blog but more so, my immediate as well as future life plans. Have you seriously not learned yet that I am a total drama queen?
Anyways, despite my penchant for the dramatic, I decided a couple things:
- First, I am going back to my tried + true Everythingtarian habits to drop those 7 pounds of fun chub: lots of veggies + fruit, yoga, running, barre3 (love!) and minimal alcohol + sugar.
- Second, my blog is going to be this: I post when I want. I post what I want. I post how I want. The only difference is going to be that I am going to focus on continuing to improve my photography as well as my cooking + recipe writing skills. Take that for what you will.
- Third, if all goes according to plan, I am going to start a really exciting program in January. Once it’s finalized, I will obvs let you know about it.
- Fourth, how is it July on Friday?!?
Finish this sentence: This month, I… _______________.
*inspired by my lovely friend Angharad