(1) Spent almost two whole days in my lovely home state of Minnesota.
(2) Hung out with my sisters. Turns out, despite the childhood hair pulling and forcing me to be a step-stool, they’re pretty cool. Even if they rip your button-down shirt open and expose your highly-padded bra in front of your sister’s boyfriend (<- ahem, twice).
(3) Ate lunch + spent gal pal time with Angharad at The Bulldog NE. Butternut squash + pancetta flatbread pizza. Harvest salad with mixed greens, pears + pistachios. A free chocolate cherry cupcake. All split between the two of us. Yes, yes and yes.
(4) Went to dinner at Doolittle’s with my family. Beer…buffalo wings…Thai eggrolls…butternut squash soup…salad…walleye fingers…all shared and consumed with those I love most.
(5) Watched Badger football give a 48-17 WHOOPIN’ to Nebraska. #urahrahwisconsin!
(6) Woke up at 5:40am on a Sunday morning, drank a strawberry banana smoothie, laced up my new running sneaks and ran 10 miles through the not-so-mean streets of Minneapolis + St. Paul with my friend Binks + her mom, Mama Binks, for the Twin Cities 10-Mile Race.
(7) Thought twice about that marathon I said I was signing up for next year.
(8) Crossed the Franklin Bridge staring at the most gorgeous sunrise at mile #3, ran into an Everythingtarian reader at mile #7 (hi Amy!), put on a dance performance complete with jazz hands with Binks at mile #8 and happily crossed the finish line in 1:57.13 at mile #10.
(9) Guzzled free Caribou Coffee right after finishing the race. The worst/best idea I’ve ever had.
(10) Enjoyed a delicious brunch with Binks + her family – complete with scrambled eggs with veggies, sausage, coffee cake, hashbrowns, zucchini brownies + more coffee – before hitting the open road back to Madison upon the completion of another successfully fun weekend.
What did YOU do this weekend? Let’s not forget, sharing is caring!