(1) I thought it was the perfect time to roast my very first chicken while sick yesterday.
And it was!
Using an amalgamation of Ina’s, Thomas’ and Jessica’s recipes, I somehow did it. And now I feel like a legitimate, don’t-mess-with-me-I’m-classy-like-Ina-Garten cook. Because how can you call yourself a cook without at least once roasting a golden bird with a skin so salty and crunchy that you must peel it off and eat it all immediately? Not like that happened or anything…
(2) Also, I said no to something today!
(4) My birthday is on Wednesday. I will be 27. And no, I have no idea what I’m doing with my life.
(5) Thank you to everyone who voted for their favorite headshot! My self-esteem has been successfully inflated enough to last me for at least another couple of weeks.
With an overwhelming number of votes, the winner is…
(6) The wonderful people over at Chobani recently featured our Haiti fundraiser on their blog as part of their new foundation called “Shepherd’s Gift,” which focuses on shining a light on those who are giving back to the community. Please, please, please! We still need LOTS of help to reach our goal of $2,000! Donate here. Or here. And perhaps here too.
(7) Tonight, I created geniusness: sweet potato, roasted chicken (see above), buffalo hummus (see here), blue cheese crumbles, hot sauce + celery #bestdinnerever
(8) Christmas…in 10 days…really?!?!