It should be noted that today, on this most innocent-looking July 12, 2011, I…
(1) Was forced to hand over exactly $1,183 to fix Blue Betty (a.k.a. my car). Thanks for the Andes mint on the way out Bob – it was almost worth forgoing the cute ankle-length green skinny jeans at Anthropologie to put those new brake pads on my credit card.
(2) Was walking to work while talking to Mama Everythingtarian on the phone this morning when a bird pooped on me. Shit happens, I know. I just wish it didn’t happen on the right arm of my favorite black-and-white striped shirt.
(3) Decided that while car repairs suck + bird poop smells, I have every reason in the world to be thankful. For this perspective, I thank my dear friend Susan, who recently found out she has lymphoma. If you don’t remember, Susan + I traversed the gorgeous hills of Banff together AND took some seriously impressive jumping shots in San Francisco. She’s AMAZING, trust me.
In her honor, we are hosting The Great Fundraising Act, an online auction + blogger bake sale to help Susan cover hospital, chemotherapy and any other costs she may encounter as she kicks cancer in the @$$ (notice that button I designed over there on the right side bar -> -> ->).
We have more than 100 food/health/beauty/exercise/fun packages to bid on, and all the proceeds will go directly to Susan. Don’t forget to join the party here on July 25th and help our fellow blogger friend through this!
(4) Ate a massive bowl of Ginger Soy Glazed Tempeh Salad leftovers for lunch and breathed vicious garlic breath all day.
**Note to all you readers: if you want to (a) make out with a cute boy, (b) save the life of a vampire, or (c) not taste spicy garlic in the back of your throat all day, I would recommend cutting the 1 T of minced garlic down to 1/2 T in this recipe. You’ll thank me later.
(5) Deemed the only way to resurrect such a cruddy 48 hours was by staring at pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal online for 10 minutes, reviewing every outfit Kate Middleton wore on her North American tour (my favorite here), eat a big little kid dinner with a glass of milk and finish things off with a cooling iced coffee.
(6) Plan to finish my night watching the last two weeks of So You Think You Can Dance.
Melanie and Marko, all the way baby.