As I sat sipping the most delightful mimosa this morning, I realized it was the first time in my 26 years of life on Earth that I’ve actually relaxed, enjoyed a leisurely brunch with friends and curled on the couch to watch four hours of Beverly Hills 90210 on a Saturday afternoon.
My first reaction was: why the hell haven’t I done this sooner?
My second reaction was: Dylan McKay, will you marry me?
Luckily, I have this thing called this blog, and I can go back to read the exact reasons why I haven’t been enjoying the dramatic ups and downs of these West Beverly High kiddos.
(1) Apparently, I am too busy spending money on half-marathon registrations.
(2) De-seeding pomegranates and turning my kitchen pink is a time-consuming task.
(4) I am also committed to family holiday shenanigans involving bananas, clementines, Just Dance 2 and amazing homemade truffles.
(5) I spend half my days trying to invent new uses for the million gallons of homemade marinara sauce I currently have sitting in my fridge.
(6) Trying to take healthy eating advice from your own blog isn’t as easy at it seems.
(7) Spending time with friends who are moving away is a must.
And that’s why I’ve been so busy and unable to watch Kelly and Brenda duke it out over Dylan.