It’s no secret that I LOVE to go out to eat.
I get giddy over trying new restaurants…new foods…marveling at culinary combinations I never would have thought up…sipping wine…feeling fancy…sipping beer…feeling blue collar…spending time with family…spending time with friends…and most of all, shoving my face with good food.
But I love it.
Soooo…when Serve from American Express offered me a chance to try their service by demanding – yes, demanding! – I bring my friends out for a meal, how could I refuse? Before indulging myself and friends with a free meal, I had to figure out exactly how Serve worked.
Serve is a next-generation digital payments platform that helps you organize your money, send and receive funds, and manage payment requests — all from a single, unified online account. Serve makes paying and being paid simple.
Best of all, we’re provided by American Express. That means Serve uses American Express security, technology, and data protection, giving you confidence whether you’re shopping online or sending money to a friend.
Essentially, here is the gist: after a relaxing meal, you don’t want to waste time figuring out who owes what. You know how it normally goes, one person pays on their credit card and the others break large bills to get exact change or promise to pay up later. With Serve, you can settle up quickly by instantly sending and receiving money on your mobile device (iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone) so you can get back to your dessert and your conversation.
Or just think of it in three easy steps….
And I did just that.
(1) I invited my gal pals – Darcey, Rassa and Stephanie – out for a meal at Tempest Oyster Bar.
(2) Then, I ordered food. A lobster crab bisque to start followed by a whole fish. A very scary-looking whole fish rubbed with sage, which was dry and quite flavorless.
I should back it up. First we ordered wine…lots of wine.
Then we ate bread and butter.
I had the waitress de-head my fish (<- I was NOT doing that myself).
Then I ate half my fish and all my veggies.
We ordered more wine.
And to finish, we split an Apple Ginger Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream. It was warm, crumbly and delicious. We devoured it in a very un-ladylike way.
(3) When it was finally time to pay the bill, I paid the bill with my credit card. Right at the table, I had my lady friends pay their share by having them transfer the $10 each of them got free for signing up for Serve to my account. That was added to my free $10 and the $150 Serve gave me to try out the service. With $200 in my account, I was then able to reimburse myself for the bill.
Does that make sense?
I hope so…because I think these online digital payment programs are probably the future.
Maybe in order to fully understand how it works, you should get $100 in free money to try out the service for yourself? How does that sound? Only don’t order a whole fish…it’s scary.
To win $100 in free money from Serve from American Express, here is what you need to do:
(1) Go to Serve and sign-up for a free account – $10 will automatically be put in your account.
(2) Leave me a comment below letting me know you signed up AND what restaurant you will eat at if you win the $100 in free money.
A winner will be picked next Thursday, December 29th.
* * * * *
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker